Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThreads of Labour presents new empirical research by a network of garment workers' support organizations in ten different locations in Asia, Europe and Mexico and makes sense of global supply chains from the bottom up. It creates a blueprint for conducting worker-orientated action research in order to better understand and resist the negative impact of globalization on labour. It ensures that workers' voices reach those who are already trying to reconfigure global capitalism in more humane directions. It explores the ways in which workers might begin to develop new forms of organization that are more suited to securing gains in the global garment industry. It bridges the gap between activist and academic research, improving the conversation between these two groups.
- Author BiographyAngela Hale is Director of Women Working Worldwide, an NGO based at Manchester Metropolitan University. She previously lectured in sociology at the university and has published many articles relating to women workers. Women Working Worldwide works with a network of trade unions and NGOs supporting the rights of workers in international supply chains producing consumer goods for the world market. Jane Wills is Reader in Geography at Queen Mary, University of London and a board member of Women Working Worldwide. Her previous publications include Dissident Geographies: An Introduction to Radical Ideas and Practices (2000), Place, Space and the New Labour Internationalisms (Blackwell Publishing, 2001) and Union Futures: Building Networked Trade Unionism in the UK (2002).
- Author(s)Angela Hale,Jane Wills
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAntipode Book Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note16
- Weight560 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.