All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionThree Black Boys is an urban-fiction tale bursting with real-life, time-sensitive issues. The story follows three African-American teenagers-Barnes, Demus, and Baker, and an Irish-American surgeon-Doctor Salome McBryant, on their separate quest to secure financial funding for Babita Harris, an Indian immigrant plagued with black-fever disease. The setting is South-side Jamaica, a neighborhood in Queens, New York, and home to Babita Harris, who unkwingly contracted the disease, while visiting her parents in India. Now, Babita's liver is damaged, and scarred beyond repair-t even dialysis can help. She is told she has a month to live, unless she undergoes a costly liver transplant. But Babita is uninsured, health insurance, so the chance of a surgery is slim. What she needs is a quarter of a million dollars in cash. So, Barnes (Babita's only son), along with his two friends, Demus and Baker, spring into dangerous action to get the money. Though their road is paved with good intentions, the brothers in arms are in for a few surprises and a whole lot of heat.
- Author BiographyZangba Thomson is an urban, best-selling and award-winning author, recording artist, and celebrity blogger. His literary and musical works deal mainly in the realms of spirituality, metaphysics, and visionary-with a little bit of love and drama sprinkled in between. Thomson's image and creative works have been seen on, or talked about in, major media outlets such as FOX 5, NBC, Today, Fox & Friends, Kathy Lee & Hoda, Arise 360, ABC, Daily Mail (UK), and Essence Magazine to name a few. Recently-at the National Black Theatre in Harlem, New York-Thomson received the Bai T. Moore Literary Award during a ceremony commemorating the 169th Anniversary of Liberian Independence. He also received citations from Congressman Charles Rangel, Ruben Diaz Jr. (Bronx Borough President), Edward P. Mangano (Nassau County Executive), and Gale A. Brewer (Manhattan Borough President) for his outstanding literary contributions and volunteering assistance to urban communities.
- Author(s)Zangba Thomson
- PublisherBong Mines Entertainment LLC
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBong Mines Entertainment LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.