All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thwarted artist returns home to rural Scotland in this bittersweet slacker debut by an acclaimed, internationally-rewned singer-songwriter. Johnny's return from London to stay with best friend Stevie is the final admission that his dreams of being a great artist are dead. In Victoria Bus Station he meets Mikey, a deranged low-level dealer, who is from the same area. As Johnny tries to get his life back on track, living in a tiny cottage with Stevie, Mikey won't leave them alone, a constant presence destabilising everything around him. As Johnny tries to hang on to the only job he can get, Mikey's actions threaten his livelihood and Stevie's sanity. In a blackly comic climax, events take a sinister turn. Can Johnny and Stevie survive the consequences or will they be dragged down by their unwanted 'friend'? Three Craws is a beautifully evoked portrait of contemporary rural life for those dealt a meagre hand.
- Author BiographyJames Yorkston is one of the UK's leading singer-songwriters singers with an international following. He has recorded twelve albums and was an early member of the Fence Collective,the highly influential collaboration including, amongst others, KT Tunstall, The Beta Band, KingCreosote and The Pictish Trail. In 2011 he published It's Lovely to be Here: The Touring Diaries of a Scottish Gent (Domino Press).
- Author(s)James Yorkston
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFreight Books
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.