Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis original study offers, for the first time, an analysis of the characterization of Esther as she is portrayed in each of the three primary versions of the book of Esther-the Masoretic text, the Septuagint text, and the Greek a text. This study of characterization has implications beyond itself. It permits a reasssessment of relations between the book of Esther and other literature of the time, it sheds light on the place of origin of the ancient versions of Esther, and it raises serious feminist and can-critical questions about the role of the book.
- Author BiographyLinda Day is Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Author(s)Linda Day
- PublisherSheffield Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleLibrary of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number186
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.