Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionAs granddaughters of a late, famous literary critic, the beautiful redheaded Heller sisters capture the attention of the New Yorker magazine, which promptly features them in a glamorous spread shot by a world-famous photographer. The fashion world sits up and takes tice, and in time flat, three bodies from Brooklyn have been proclaimed the new It girls.But with parental guidance-Mom is a former beauty queen living vicariously through her daughters, while Dad is where to be found-the three girls find themselves easy prey to the venal forces of show business. Posing in every hot fashion magazine, tangling with snarling fashionistas and soul-sucking agents, hitting A-list parties and skipping school, the sisters' rise to fame begins to unhinge them all. When the youngest-who never really wanted to be a model to begin with-does an off-Broadway play, she ironically begins to outshine the others, creating a vicious rivalry between the girls and prompting a virtual breakdown in their quiet, neglected brother.As the ruthless paparazzi catch their every controversy, an awful incident with a famous movie star blasts the girls-and their brother-out of the haze of fame, stopping their self-destructive spiral and reinforcing their love for one ather.
- Author BiographyTheresa Rebeck is a playwright whose plays include Bad Dates; Omnium Gatherum, which was a Pulitzer Prize finalist; The Scene; and Mauritius, which won Boston's prestigious Irene and Elliot Norton Award and which premiered on Broadway in the fall of 2007. She has also published a book of essays entitled Free Fire Zone. Cassandra Campbell has recorded nearly two hundred audiobooks and directed many more. She has been nominated for and won multiple Audie Awards, as well as the prestigious Odyssey Award. She has received numerous starred audio reviews in both Publishers Weekly and Library Journal and more than twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards. Cassandra was also named a Best Voice by AudioFile for 2009 and 2010. David Drummond has made his living as an actor for over twenty-five years, appearing on stages large and small throughout the country and in Seattle, Washington, his hometown. He has narrated over sixty audiobooks for Tantor, in genres ranging from current political commentary to historical nonfiction, from fantasy to military, and from thrillers to humor. He received an AudioFile Earphones Award for his first audiobook, Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay. When not narrating, David keeps busy writing plays and stories for children.
- Author(s)Theresa Rebeck
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Cassandra Campbell,David Drummond
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.