All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new translation of a beloved anthology of poems from the golden age of Chinese culture a treasury of wit, beauty, and wisdom from many of China s greatest poets. These roughly three hundred poems from the Tang Dynasty (618 907) an age in which poetry and the arts flourished were gathered in the eighteenth century into what became one of the best-kwn books in the world, and which is still cherished in Chinese homes everywhere. Many of China s most famous poets Du Fu, Li Bai, Bai Juyi, and Wang Wei are represented by timeless poems about love, war, the delights of drinking and dancing, and the beauties of nature. There are poems about travel, about grief, about the frustrations of bureaucracy, and about the pleasures and sadness of old age. Full of wisdom and humanity that reach across the barriers of language, space, and time, these poems take us to the heart of Chinese poetry, and into the very heart and soul of a nation.
- Author BiographyPeter Harris is the founder of the Asian Studies Institute at Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand, and the editor of the Everyman s Library Pocket Poets anthology Zen Poems.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Pocket Poets
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight254 g
- Width108 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byPeter Harris
- Translated byPeter Harris
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.