All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThree Italian Epistolary Novels looks at the development of a literary genre that flourished in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries and counted among its illustrious authors Samuel Richardson, Henry Fielding, Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. These translations of three Italian vels by Foscolo, De Meis, and Piovene - never offered before in a single study - reflect social, historical, and stylistic aspects through 150 years of Italian literature from the birth of a touching romantic story to the time of the new currents in Italy and the period of World War II. The book is particularly suited for studies in Italian, European, and comparative literature programs.
- Author BiographyThe Translator: Vincenzo Traversa, a United States citizen born and educated in Italy, has taught Italian language and literature at UCLA, Stanford University, and the University of Kansas. He holds a doctorate in English language and literature from the University of Naples and a Ph.D. in Romance languages and literatures from UCLA. He is Professor of Italian and Humanities at California State University, East Bay, where he served as Chairman of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures for thirteen years. His works include Parola e Pensiero, Idioma in Prospettiva; Frequency Dictionary of Italian Words (coauthor); Racconti di Alberto Moravia; Luigi Capuana: Critic and Novelist; The Laude in the Middle Ages (Peter Lang, 1994); and Giovanni Boccaccio, Theseid of the Nuptials of Emilia (Teseida delle nozze di Emilia) (Peter Lang, 2002). The Italian government awarded him the Cross of Knight in the Order of Merit, and he was honored in the 2000 edition of Who's Who Among America's Teachers.
- Author(s)Vincenzo Traversa
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number228
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight670 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.