All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA journey through human interactions set against the backdrop of World War II, German prison camp, liberation, and the return home - a microcosm of man's inhumanity to man.
- Author BiographyJoe Armstrong was born November 11, 1915, in New Orleans, Louisiana, and wrote this tale in his 86th year. He is a native Louisianian who enlisted in the Air Force Cadets for flight training at the start of World War II. He graduated as a commissioned pilot and flew combat in North Africa and the Mediterranean over Italy and Southern France. He was shot down on his 64th mission over Italy and was twice wounded when descending by parachute due to ground fire from the German troops. He was placed in a cadre of Germans going back to their homeland and held at the start of World War II in a prison camp for eight and a half months. Upon his return, he began his own business which he operated for 27 years and then retired at that time from finance and banking.
- Author(s)Joe Armstrong
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/02/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.