All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $13.79Free postage
- AU $16.14Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionMartyrs to hypochondria and general seediness, J. and his friends George and Harris decide that a jaunt up the Thames would suit them to a 'T'. But when they set off, they can hardly predict the troubles that lie ahead with tow-ropes, unreliable weather-forecasts and tins of pineapple chunks - t to mention the devastation left in the wake of J.'s small fox-terrier Montmorency. Three Men in a Boat was an instant success when it appeared in 1889, and proved so popular that Jerome reunited his w older - but t necessarily wiser - heroes in Three Men on the Bummel, for a picaresque bicycle tour of Germany. With their benign escapism, authorial discursions and wonderful evocation of the late-Victorian 'clerking classes', both vels hilariously capture the spirit of their age.
- Author BiographyJerome K Jerome (1859-1927) became an actor and published a couple of volumes of humorous pieces and light essays about the theatre. He achieved lasting fame with THREE MEN IN A BOAT. He later went on to become one of the founders of the humorous magazine, The Idler, and continued to write articles and plays. Jeremy Lewis has recently written a biography of Cyril Connolly and has edited the Raffles books.
- Author(s)Jerome K. Jerome
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJeremy Lewis
- Introduction byJeremy Lewis
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.