CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAfter planning the entire trip on the back of a beer mat, buying a 1958 decommissioned milk float on eBay and charging its tired batteries, the team set off from Lowestoft to Land's End. On the way, they discovered that their float needed to charge for eight hours for every two hours it spent on the road. Relying on the milk of human kindness, they were at the mercy of strangers every night, sometimes even using other people's cookers just to keep the show on the road. En route, they were treated to tea and rock cakes by the Vice President of the WI, succeeded in blacking out a Cornish campsite whilst charging their float (w dubbed The Mighty One), stayed with the monks at Buckfast Abbey, where they undertook a vow of silence and, drove five hundred miles to Tintagel, the birth place of King Arthur, only to find it had closed -- all in the name of discovering lost England. You may be thinking: why on earth don't these men drive a car like rmal people? But this is ordinary journey. This is an eccentric odyssey through the English countryside. Three Men in a Float is about all things English and the pleasure to be had if you are prepared to slow down, get out of your car and go off the beaten track.
- Author BiographyDan Kieran was the editor of the original bestselling Crap trilogy and is currently writing I Fought the Law. He is Deputy Editor of the Idler and has written for many of the nationals. Ian Vince is the author of The Myway Code and Britain: What a State. He has written for Radio 4, Channel 4s Bremner, Bird and Fortune and BBC3s forthcoming comedy sketch show School Run.
- Author(s)Dan Kieran,Ian Vince
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/08/2011
- Content Notemaps
- Weight202 g
- Width129 mm
- Height18 mm
- Spine198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.