All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe West Highland Way is Scotland's first official Long Distance Route and runs near 100 miles from Milngavie to Fort William. It was nicknamed the 'Way Way' by a trio from Fife who set off to walk it in the year of the Millennium. This is t a guidebook but an account of their experiences, the highs and lows which any challenge presents of their marvellous, surprising, amusing and weird memories. They met many hundreds of people along the way but, naturally, those they recall were the more eccentric. Although the trio never managed ather bigger trip together they realize how lucky, and wise, they had been to grab the chance when it came. There is remarkably pleasant rural walking at the start to reach the Highlands at Loch Lomond, fine woodland on its banks and later, the contrast of lonely, empty miles across Ranch Moor, the Devil's Staircase and the great pass of the Lairig Mor to finish. Encounters with other people are an important part of Long Distance Routes. Anyone who has walked the Way Way (or is planning to do so) will enjoy this story, bringing back plenty of similar memories of people and places, adventures and misadventures. The illustrations too give a wonderful idea of the rich variety of country traversed and well capture the atmosphere of this walk through Scotland's fine landscapes.
- Author BiographyHamish Brown is well-known for walking the Munros (Hamish's Mountain Walk), or foot-linking the summits of Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland (Hamish's Groats End Walk), his The Atlas Mountains and The Mountains Look on Marrakech. He also has studies of Scottish oddities, gravestones, anthologies of British and Irish mountain poetry and the works of Seton Gordon (Seton Gordon's Scotland; Seton Gordon's Cairngorms).
- Author(s)Hamish M. Brown
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.