All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new yellow monster arrived on the island with an intriguing offer: Let me have a tiny bit of land for myself and I will clear away your rocks, level your ground, and tidy up your jungle. The very lazy red and blue monsters may t like the strange funny foreigner type but how can they refuseespecially when they had t the faintest intention of holding up their end of the bargain? How yellow monster succeeds in forcing the two monsters to live up to their promise, while building himself a lush island paradise, makes for a remarkable modern fable of sharing and acceptance.
David McKee's provocative and humorous text will incite readers to thinkingand to laughter, as they chortle over some of the delicious insults the monsters hurl at each other. Who can forget gormless gump or custard-colored, cringing creep! ?
- Author BiographyDavid McKee was born in Devon, England. The creator of such well-loved characters as King Rollo, Melric the Magician, and Mr. Benn, his most famous creation is Elmer the Patchwork Elephant, published in more than 20 countries. His book The Conquerors was
- Author(s)David McKee
- PublisherHandprint Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHandprint Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width209 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)David McKee
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.