All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.35
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.89
- AU $58.79Trending at AU $64.96
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.77
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of this book, Arthur James Lyon Fremantle, has, perhaps, achieved more rewn in recent years than at any time since the publication of his literary efforts. Those familiar with the film Gettysburg will recall the unusual figure of a British Guards officer attired (inaccurately) in his full dress Guardsman's scarlet uniform among the ranks of the Virginians at the famous and pivotal battle. The cinema may have taken its usual liberties, but the character was firmly based in fact and was ne other than the Fremantle himself. The British Empire felt need to come down strongly on either side of the conflict between the States, but its support for the Confederacy was both implicit and occasionally obvious. Fremantle wanted to see the war at first hand and so he traveled to America and accompanied the Confederate forces-actually unglamorously in mufti-in the field. His experiences brought him to the collision of Gettysburg, and history is indebted to Fremantle for the observations of a comparatively impartial military man on these monumental times and events.
- Author BiographyArthur James Lyon Fremantle (1835-1901) was a British soldier, a member of the Coldstream Guards, and a notable British witness to the Battle of Gettysburg during the American Civil War. Michael Page has been recording audiobooks since 1984 and has over two hundred titles to his credit. He has won several AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for The War That Killed Achilles by Caroline Alexander and The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur James Lyon Fremantle
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Michael Page
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time420
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.