Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA tale of love and life from the best-selling author of A Bientot. Spread over three decades, Trois meres tracks the turbulent journey of cousins Rosie and Tina. Set in urban Manchester, leafy Cheshire and the sprawling scenery of rural France, it tells the tale of two young girls as they move from childhood incence into their rebellious teenage years and onto careers, marriage and motherhood. Rosie and Tina are the only children of two equally inadequate mothers. Despite living miles apart, they are the best of friends and closer than two peas in a pod, which is fortunate as with parents like Doreen and Stella, they need all the love and support they can give each other. Tina lives one step away from poverty on a rundown, crime infested concrete estate with one of the worst reputations in Manchester, followed closely by that of Stella, her feckless, amoral, self centred excuse for a mother. In the quiet suburbs of Cheshire, her cousin Rosie leads a more charmed, middle class existence but is being slowly suffocated by domineering, selfish, cold-hearted Doreen. Although the two sisters have absolutely thing in common, one gene they do share is the inability to show love and loyalty, or be the guardian and friend that all children deserve. Mother number three is Olivia, cool, aloof and distant. A member of the elite Cheshire set, she resides in the affluent village of Prestbury, rattling around in her sprawling family mansion, attending various worthy charity functions and hosting her infamous bridge nights. Her errant son Marcus lives his life in the fast lane, maximising the perks of working in the family firm and enjoying his jet setting bachelor existence, well away from the watchful eyes of his disapproving mother. As Tina and Rosie grow, they spread their wings and fly as far away as possible from their parents, to follow two entirely different paths. One leads to Marcus where a charmed life of luxury awaits, the other fulfils her dreams of travel, pursuing an exciting career and discovering love in the French Loire countryside. With the bond of a childhood promise tying them together, regardless of romantic liaisons, adversity and heartache, true friendship manages to survive and despite the many miles that always seem to separate them, the two cousins keep in touch. In the nick of time and just when one of them needs it the most, a loyal cousin's unswerving love swoops down to place her friend under her wing, back where she belongs. Packed with the raw, emotional hurdles that only real life can bring, Trois meres chronicles the trials and tribulations of two young women facing poverty head on, battling family foes, making new French friends, experiencing the joys of country living and ultimately the prize of motherhood. There are moments on both sides of the channel where their story will make you cry, or seethe, as you witness cruelty at the hands of others and the heartache of a loveless marriage. Laugh along and be uplifted by French countryside characters and their Gallic ways and allow your heart to be melted a little by the gift of love and kindness that comes from within.
- Author BiographyPatricia Dixon was born in Manchester in 1964 and is married with two very grown up children and one gorgeous grandchild. After studying Fashion at Preston Polytechnic in the 80's she started her working life in London amidst the mad world of couture and designer tantrums.When the sparkle eventually wore off she returned to Manchester to a more sedate existence travelling the UK producing clothing for high street stores. Twenty five years later, after swapping fashion for bricks and mortar and working alongside her husband in their building company, she found herself with an empty nest and her secret ambition to write novels could at last become a reality. The inspiration for her first novel A Bientot was a combination of places visited and the many wonderful characters she has met during her time in the Loire Valley where she has a second home. Her follow up novel Trois Meres was released in June 2014 and in this tale we revisit St Pierre to catch up with its inhabitants, meet new characters and discover how Rosie came to be in France. This was followed in November by her third novel, set in the Loire around Christmastime where romance blossoms at Rosie's hotel. A Perfect Summer Wedding was released in March 2016. Patricia receives letters from readers worldwide and loves to hear from you so if you would like to share your thoughts on any of her novels or just get in touch to say hi, she always writes back ! The photographs shown on this and her Facebook page are snapshots of the Loire and from around her home, which provide inspiration for her writing. Everything written comes from the heart, is a reflection of real life experiences or those shared with others and woven into a tale that unearths the things that matter to everyone.
- Author(s)Patricia Dixon
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.