Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThree Oaks : Inspired by writer Monica Raszewski's discovery of letters and tes from an artist's estate, Three Oaks explores the tion of piecing together a life when a person dies. Using a combination of text, music and physical theatre the play takes a journey through the life of Janek, a Polish artist who leaves his young family. Years later, his daughter Margaret seeks to write his biography and by speaking with the women in his life, attempts to piece together her own heritage. In doing so, she stirs old resentments and painful memories. Chrysalis : Annie is on trial for the murder of her three babies. Expert witness Professor Lawrence Taylor is convinced Annie is guilty. But is she? The first Australian play to tackle Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Chrysalis is inspired by high-profile cases in Australia and the UK, where women were erroneously convicted of murdering their infants. Part psychological drama, part poignant investigation into guilt, obsession and the nature of parenting, the play approaches big issues in a compelling voice.
- Author BiographyMonica Raszewski is an author of plays and fiction. Her plays include Open Case; the radio play Forest, which was broadcast on ABC radio; and White Mud, which was performed at The Stables in Sydney in 1997. Her play Three Oaks premiered at La Mama in Melbourne in 2006. Dina Ross trained and worked as a journalist in the UK. She emigrated to Australia in 1993 and has worked as a feature writer and theatre reviewer for The Herald Sun and The Age. Her plays include Smokescreens (Chapel off Chapel 2002), Reading Beckett (La Mama 2006) and Trio (La Mama 2005), which has toured extensively across country Victoria and South Australia and is part of Six Pack 2008. Dina is an affiliate writer with Melbourne Theatre Company.
- Author(s)Dina Ross,Monica Raszewski
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/03/2011
- Weight146 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.