Three Quick Steps: An Inspring Account of Struggle and Recovery by Robert Emmett (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create The Future. Abraham Lincoln and Peter Drucker How close to rmal are you? In 1952, America was only three years away from the Salk vaccine, which would eliminate the threat of polio. That same year, nine-year-old Robert Emmett contracted the paralytic disease. It ravaged his body and unmoored his spirit; doctors told him he'd never walk again. Faced with a lifetime of health complications and discrimination, Robert gave himself a challenge: to find the courage to live a rmal life. Nourished by a devoted family, Robert set out on his long road to recovery. Three Quick Steps is Robert's story of overcoming the odds, staying inspired, and triumphing over adversity. Decades after contracting polio, when he's exceeded every expectation as a scientist, husband, and father, Robert thinks he finally has the key to success and an answer to the question he's wondered about for years: Can a disease make you a better person? But just when he thinks he's achieved rmalcy, Robert faces a new question: What if the disease isn't quite done with him? When post-polio syndrome strikes, years after the infection has been eradicated, the hard-won peace that Robert has found is threatened. Where will an older Robert find the resolve he needs w? Told with warmth, grace, and unflinching resolve, Emmett's remarkable memoir captures how three quick steps can lead to huge strides.
- Author BiographyRobert Emmett was born in Rochester, New York, in 1943. He now lives in Georgia and is a husband, father, grandfather and scientist. At the age of nine, he contracted the polio virus, which destroyed many of the nerves in his legs. Today, though the disease itself is long gone, he still suffers from post-polio syndrome. In 2001, he retired from a position as research director of a chemicals and minerals firm.
- Author(s)Robert Emmett
- PublisherRobert Klem
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert Klem
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.00Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.