All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree sisters struggle to change the course of their destinies in a China that does t belong to them. Yumi uses her dignity, Yuxiu her seductive powers, and Yuyang her desire for success. This breathtaking story vividly captures the demonic desire for power that possesses people. Whether it's in the village of the Wang family, where life is attuned to the rhythm of working the fields and the slogans of the cultural revolution, or in the Peking of the 1980s, t one of these women is prepared to be just ather wave in the 'infinite ocean of people'. It is an epic portrayal of life in modern China.
- Author BiographyBi Feiyu was born in 1964 in Xinghua, in the province of Jiangsu, China. He is the recipient of many literary prizes, including the Lu Xun Prize in 1996. He co-wrote the film Shanghai Triad, which was directed by acclaimed Chinese director Zhang Yimou. His novel, The Moon Opera, was published by Telegram in 2007.
- PrizesLong-listed for Man Asian Literary Prize 2011.
- Author(s)Bi Feiyu
- PublisherTelegram Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTelegram Books
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Translated byHoward Goldblatt
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.