All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPlays are different. Unlike fiction and poetry, their natural habitat is t the printed page. They only release their true meaning on stage. Yet most people find it difficult, when reading a play, to grasp how much the staging can alter and enhance one's understanding. The purpose of this new series, Page to Stage , is to bring this theatrical perspective into the picture - and apply it to some of the best-kwn, most-studied classic plays. Moreover, the authors are experienced and established theatre practitioners giving them an unrivalled insight and authority. So, after a concise introduction to the historical background of Chekhov's play, the reader is conducted scene by scene through the Action of the play, followed by a discussion of the Characters, the Setting, Staging, Lighting, Costumes Props and Furniture - everything that adds meaning to the staged event.
- Author BiographyMichael Pennington is a well-known leading actor - and author of three User's Guides to Shakespeare's plays for NHB and a book on Chekhov, Are You There Crocodile?
- Author(s)Michael Pennington
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication26/01/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePage to Stage
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight209 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.