All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom multi-award-winning author Judith Clarke, this is a magnificent and deeply moving story about two girls, a life-long friendship, and the heart's search for the real true thing. 'A gentle, deeply passionate vel that makes you feel for a moment when you have finished it that you have actually lived someone else's life.' - Ursula Dubosarsky. The path of Ruth's life was shaped in one fateful moment when, as a baby, she was tossed clear from a car wreck. Her grandmother raised her, with a fierce hope that she would one day go to university and see every marvellous place in the world. When Ruth and her best friend Fee finish school, Fee chooses motherhood and marriage. Ruth kws that she must leave town, but that means leaving Tam Finn, the elusive yet entrancing boy so unlike any other she has ever met. An extraordinary story of friendship, longing and the saving grace of love. 'This story, which begins in rural Australia in 1959 but reaches into the past and the future, is written with Judith ClarkeAes magnificent precision and lightness, that makes you feel for a moment when you have finished it that you have actually lived someone else's life.' Ursula Dubosarsky. Ages: 14 + and adults
- Author BiographyJudith Clarke is major force in YA fiction both in Australia and internationally. Her novels include the multi-award-winning Wolf on the Fold, as well as Friend of my Heart, Night Train, Starry Nights, and the very popular and funny Al Capsella series. Kalpana's Dream was named an Honor Book in the prestigious Boston Globe/Horn Book Awards and One Whole and Perfect Day was an Honor Book in the American Library Association's prestigious Michael L. Printz Awards for Excellence in Young Adult Literature. Her most recent novel, The Winds of Heaven, was named an Honour Book in the 2010 CBCA Book of the Year awards and shortlisted for the inaugural Prime Minister's Literary Award. Judith lives in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales.
- Author(s)Judith Clarke
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.