All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThree Windows on Eternity is an exploratory voyage past the frontiers of our kwledge and scientific understanding. It has led the author to inspirational insights about the role of the individual human being in the current phase of the evolutionary process. The author takes the reader on a journey through evolution from the Big Bang to the 21st century. Based on scientific research and personal observation, he argues and concludes that of the 13.5 billion years of evolution, the first 10 billion years, a so-called irganic evolutionary period lasting from the Big Bang until the emergence of life, was irrefutably governed by a magnificent design. By 'design' he does t mean 'intelligent' design but a state resulting from the eight fundamental constants of nature that emerged in the first naseconds following the birth of the universe. That state is a question of personal interpretation, inspired by religious belief or otherwise. The story of evolution presented in this book can raise awareness and inspiration in today's younger generations as they try to realize a controlled transition within the next 25 years, thus avoiding an uncontrolled overshoot/collapse scenario. In this respect, we are playing with time. The author is convinced that many young people who will populate the world in that period are keen to learn from the new story of evolution and are eager to act and contribute to a constructive new phase in that evolution in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyAllerd Stikker worked in executive positions in the industrial sector for 30 years. He obtained an MA degree in Theology and Religious Studies from Leeds University (1986) and published The Transformation Factor: Towards Ecological Consciousness (1992), Closing the Gap: Exploring the History of Gender Relations (2002) and Water, The Blood of the Earth (2007). In 2010 he created Valley Foundation, a not for profit foundation that financially supports initiatives by small entrepreneurs and institutes that develop innovative solutions for providing clean drinking- and sanitation water facilities in developing countries.
- Author(s)Allerd Stikker
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Weight159 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.