All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSylvanus Cadwallader, a war correspondent for the Chicago Times and later for the New York Herald, was attached to General Grant's headquarters from 1862 to 1865. He enjoyed rare access to personalities (Lincoln, Sheridan, and Lee) and events (Vicksburg, Chattaoga, City Point, and Potomac), and he makes them come alive here. Cadwallader also includes information about his own role in constraining and concealing Grant's drinking. Through his pages the real Grant emerges. The manuscript of Three Years with Grant was edited and antated by Lincoln biographer Benjamin P. Thomas and first published nearly a century after the Civil War.
- Author BiographyBrooks D. Simpson is the author of Let Us Have Peace: Ulysses S. Grant and the Politics of War and Reconstruction, 1861-1868 and other books. He is an associate professor of American history at Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Sylvanus Cadwallader
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteMaps
- Weight369 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Platt Thomas
- Introduction byBrooks D. Simpson,Benjamin Platt Thomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.