All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionWe eat three meals a day and use three utensils. There are three branches of the military. We use three letter acronyms such as NBC, FDR, JFK, FBI, and IRS. We eat BLTs, and we learn the ABCs. The number three permeates our lives. In Three of Life, author Louis Komzsik examines the unique role that this number plays in life. Three of Life focuses on the diverse mathematical roles of the number as a geometric and arithmetic building block as well as a gatekeeper of, or a gateway to, infinity. It also discusses appearances of the number in places ranging from historical occurrences, to archaeological finds, to religious symbols, and to biology and physics. In this light-hearted narrative, Komzsik describes the spectacular role that the number three plays in our physical lives-from biology to the mechanical world to the planetary motions. The number three has occupied a prominent role in human history for thousands of years and has demonstrated an intrinsic presence in our physical life.
- Author BiographyLouis Komzsik is an accomplished author of several internationally acknowledged mathematical and engineering books, some of them translated into foreign languages.
- Author(s)Louis Komzsik
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication21/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.