Thresholds: How to Thrive Through Life's Transitions to Live Fearlessly and Regret-Free by Sherre Z Hirsch (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it s our cozy bedroom, our toy-strewn family room, or our newly revated kitchen, we all have our favorite rooms in our homes. But when do we ever think about the thresholds? We spend a lot of time traversing thresholds - both in our homes, and in our lives. Of course, this is t a book about how to build a house; it is book about how build a rich and rewarding life. When I talk about the thresholds of life, I am referring to those times of transition; when we are moving from the way we were accustomed to living to a new way of thinking, feeling, and being. Every one of us will experience many such moments. Some will be exciting - a new job, a marriage, the birth of a child. Others - the death of a parent, an empty nest, a divorce will be painful. Either way, crossing from a room that is comfortable and familiar into one that feels uncertain and unpredictable, can be terrifying. But what if, instead of viewing these thresholds as barriers or obstacles, you could see them as doorways to bigger and better opportunities? If you could embrace change as a wellspring of motivation rather than a source of fear? If the thought of the unkwn future left you feeling empowered and excited, instead of paralyzed? Here, Sherre Hirsch draws on decades of counseling individuals of all faiths and religions, the wisdom of ancient stories, research from psychology, and tales from real life, to help readers summon the faith, courage, and confidence to embrace the exhilarating new possibilities and experiences that lie across the threshold. With her signature warmth and empathic style, Hirsch, like a trusted friend, wise counselor, and spiritual advisor rolled into one, guides readers through the most challenging and the most blessed transitions of their one precious life.
- Author BiographyFor over 20 years, Rabbi Sherre Hirsch has been sharing her intimate counsel and wisdom with people in all kinds of pulpits, ranging from her congregation at the Sinai Temple Los Angeles to corporate auditoriums to small Southern Baptist churches. She serves as the spiritual life consultant for Canyon Ranch Properties and is a highly sought-after inspirational speaker and teacher. She is the author of We Plan, God Laughs and has contributed to many publications including O Magazine, Time, Olam, and the Daily Beast. She has appeared on the Today Show, ABC News Now, Anderson Cooper 360, and more, and rounds out her time counseling individuals in her private practice. She is the mother of four children and the wife of Dr. Jeffrey Hirsch. Hirsch s mission is to empower individuals to be their own spiritual guides.Visit her at www.SherreHirsch.com or follow her on twitter @sherrehirsch.
- Author(s)Sherre Z Hirsch
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight544 g
- Width147 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.