All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a unique resource-by-resource approach to living with less: how to lighten up, save money and practise conservation. Priscille Short shares the conservation lessons she learned living with electricity. She shows how we can all conserve our 7 most important resources: * Transport - hybrid cars, zip cars, bike shares, biodiesel and alternative fuels. * Heat- heat pumps, thermostats, stoves, insulation and solar options. * Power and Light - fluorescent vs. incandescent, natural light, high-tech vs low-tech appliances. * Water - treatment for water pollution, filters, purifiers, outdoor plumbing, composting toilets, water policies and regulations, water bill calculators. * Food - conventional vs. organic farming, pesticides in fruits and vegetables, dangers of plastic, resources for growing your own food. * Rubbish - composting, recycling, building & designing with rubbish, Europe vs. America, Creating a smaller ecological footprint, world's highest rubbish dump (Mt. Everest) * Stuff - downsizing and reclaiming: clothes, shoes, electronics, jewelry. The impact of our overconsumption. Entertainingly written, Short, also, examines how people in other countries do more with less and offers strategies that we all can implement by thinking in new ways about conservation.
- Author BiographyPriscilla Short lived for a year in a strawbale house in Taos, with no electricity, a septic tank, a tankless water heater and a wood-burning stove. She returned home to Denver committed to making a smaller ecological footprint by consuming less and conserving more. Priscilla has a Bachelor of Arts from Wellesley College in mathematics and a Master of Science from The College of William and Mary in operations research.
- Author(s)Priscilla Short
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.