Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the Cutting Edge series, Thrill Seekers, is a gritty, honest and hard-hitting quick read for teens and young adults who find conventional fiction irrelevant to them or too hard to read. But this title also has the legs to appeal to a much wider readership. Set in Brisbane, Australia, and told as a series of skilfully linked short first-person narratives, this is a fast-moving account of the descent into thrills-at-any-cost of the Oxley Creek Boys: from excited young teens on a sinking home-made raft to self-seeking drug-crazed adolescents on an inexorable trail of self-destruction and deep personal loss. But their loyalty to each other remains strong, and it ends on a te of hope. A lump in the throat page-turner. When his father dies, Brian promises to take care of his Mum and little brother Douggie. But that's a lot tougher than he thought it would be; especially when Douggie takes to sculling casks of wine, smoking dope and doing drugs with his mates. Then Douggie starts hearing voices, and the paraia sets in. There's thing Brian can do as he watches his brother and his mates spiral out of control, doing whatever drugs they can to stop the awful feeling of going under. That is until one night Douggie loses it totally and everything starts to unravel. Thrill Seekers is a title in the highly contemporary Cutting Edge fiction series for young adults. The series features fast-paced quick reads. Each book focuses on difficult topics and situations that many teenagers will have experienced first-hand or through friends. Cutting Edge is ideal for readers aged 14+ with a reading age of 12+.
- Author BiographyEdwina Shaw is a an emerging Australian writer with several short stories published in journals and collections. Two of her pieces were shortlisted for Australia's prestigious Josephine Ulrick Literature Prize. She is also an experienced teacher and holds a BA in English and a Masters in Creative Writing. She has taught maths to young offenders, English to migrants and refugees, opened a private English language school in Cambodia, and now teaches yoga and creative writing to adults and high school children. Thrill Seekers is dedicated to the memory of her brother Matthew, who developed schizophrenia and committed suicide at the age of twenty. It is her first full length novel.
- Author(s)Shaw Edwina
- PublisherRansom Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleCutting Edge
- Place of PublicationWatlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRansom Publishing
- Content Noteill
- Weight336 g
- Width128 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.