Thrive: Finding Happiness the Blue Zones Way: Seven Secrets from the World's Happiest People by Dan Buettner (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes us happy? It's t wealth, youth, beauty, or intelligence, says Dan Buettner. In fact, most of us have the keys within our grasp. Circling the globe to study the world's happiest populations, Buettner has spotted several common principles that can unlock the doors to true contentment with our lives. Working with leading researchers, Buettner identifies the happiest region on each of four continents. He explores why these populations say they are happier than anyone else, and what they can teach the rest of us about finding contentment. His conclusions debunk some commonly believed myths: are people who have children happier than those who don't - t necessarily - in Western societies, parenthood actually makes the happiness level drop; is gender equality a factor; and, are the world's happiest places to be found on tropical islands with beautiful beaches. You may be surprised at what Buettner's research indicates. Unraveling the story of each hotspot like a good mystery, Buettner reveals how he discovered each location and then travels to meet folks who embody each particular brand of happiness. He introduces content, thriving people in Denmark, in Singapore, in rtheastern Mexico, and in a composite happiest place in America. In addition, he interviews ecomists, psychologists, sociologists, politicians, writers, and other experts to get at what contributes to each region's happiness. Buettner's findings result in a credible, cross-cultural formula and a practical plan to help us stack the deck for happiness and get more satisfaction out of life. According to Buettner's advisory team, the average person can control about forty per cent of his or her individual happiness by optimizing life choices. These aren't unreasonable demands on a person's lifestyle, and they often require only slight changes. They fall into three categories that make up the way we live our lives: the food we eat, the way we exercise, and the social networks we foster. It's all about urishing the body and the spirit. Heeding the secrets of the world's happiness all-stars can help us make the right choices to find more contentment in our own lives and learn how to thrive.
- Author BiographyDan Buettner is an internationally recognised researcher, explorer, and author. He founded Blue ZonesTM, a project of Quest Network, Inc., to research and publicize the world's best practices in health, longevity, and happiness. As a pioneer in exploration and education, he has traveled the world to answer some of science's biggest questions. Buettner's National Geographic cover story on Blue Zones was one of the top-selling covers in the magazine's history.
- Author(s)Dan Buettner
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note12 Black and White Photographs
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.