All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all kw we need to eat our five-a-day, but sometimes it's hard. No longer. Over half the recipes in this book: soups, salads, curries and family favourites, are carefully created to include ALL your five in just one dish. Job done! It is w kwn that five-a-day is, in fact, a minimum, so the other recipes focus on how to top yourself up to 7, or more, with delicious smoothies, cakes, puddings and snacks. There's also a section on children's food, to start them off on the right track for a long and healthy life. Whether your goal is simply to eat more healthily, or you are following a particular diet - 5:2, low fat, low carbohydrate, vegetarian, vegan - this book has plenty for you. All the recipes are meat-free, but are easily adaptable to include meat or fish. All the recipes are inexpensive to make, and use ingredients that are readily available. Curries and spice, traditional British food, exciting modern salads and filling soups: the food you love, made healthier. Indulge in a Goan aubergine and sweet potato curry; discover how to make a shepherds pie that contains ALL your five-a-day; or snack on cucumber maki with red pepper houmous. I bet you didn't think a chocolate mousse could provide two of your five-a-day, but it can!
- Author BiographyThrive on Five was founded by sisters Nina and Jo Littler, who were joined by their good friend Randi Glenn. They all wanted to include more vegetables in our diets, but none of them had the time, or the inclination, to prepare them with every meal. So they started to look for ways to make it easier. They soon discovered, by adapting their favourite dishes, that it was actually possible to get all five portions into one dish. The five-a-day meal was born. The five-a-day meal had plenty of sceptics but, while trialling the dishes among family, friends and colleagues, Thrive on Five has realised how even the die-hard meat eaters have embraced the concept! They are just starting a business providing five-a-day meals to businesses and independent customers, first in London, but with the aim of rolling out nationwide.
- Author(s)Nina Littler
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 90 photographs
- Width175 mm
- Height222 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.26
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.23
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.