All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionEven though Elena Poniatowska is considered to be one of the most important female writers in present-day Mexico, few book-length studies have been dedicated to her work. This book focuses on the writings of Elena Poniatowska and also on the work of her former students Silvia Molina and Rosa Nissan. A brief history of the literary workshop that links the three together is also provided. Although the three writers are quite different in several respects, they share one common element that is central to their writings: the depiction of marginal members of society. With reference to Subaltern Studies this study analyses how the subaltern is represented in the works of each writer.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Nathanial Gardner has a Ph.D. in Latin American Studies from University College London. At present, he is a Lecturer at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. He has published articles in professional journals and has presented his work at national and international conferences.
- Author(s)Nathanial Gardner
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePerspectivas Hispanicas
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.