Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionThrough These Eyes tells the hard-hitting story of an incent teenage boy who is mistakenly shot and killed by a sheriff's deputy. Co-authored by a prosecutor and a sheriff's detective, Through These Eyes goes deep into the inner workings of the criminal justice system. Providing the reader with a rare look at the tragic personal, emotional, and legal consequences of an officer involved shooting that goes horribly wrong. This gritty story is told through the eyes of the sheriff's deputy who killed the boy, the boy's parents, and the homicide detective who must investigate and potentially prosecute his colleague. For Sheriff's Deputy Michelle Baxter, the ending of a routine patrol shift instantly turns deadly when she responds to a convenience store armed robbery. After a high speed pursuit with the robbers shooting at her, they ditch their car, and she gives chase to one of the robbers. The night is misty with rain, clouds hide the moon, and it is difficult to see anything. She hears the sound of someone walking over the wet grass and believes she sees the robber, with a gun in his hand. She shoots, killing the armed robber. But it's t the robber. It's sixteeen year old Mario Costa, in his backyard, with only a cell phone in his hand. Still in mourning over the death of her soldier husband in Afghanistan, Baxter must w confront the harsh reality that she has killed an incent boy; a boy the same age as her son, Nate. She relies on alcohol to ease the pain and beat back the demons of that night. Her life begins to tailspin. The media villifies her and the public demands her firing. She lives each day t kwing whether the District Attorney is going to bring criminal charges against her. The strength and support of Nate sees her through these turbulent times. Vincent and Carmen Costa endure the shock of their son's tragic death and must somehow pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. They are unable to fathom how it is possible that a cop can just shoot the wrong person. In their eyes the shooting is t accidental; it's murder. The Costa's embark on a fight for justice to avenge their son's death. Questions linger; will the District Attorney and the legal system give them the jusctice that they demand? Or, will the system let them down and protect one of its own? Sheriff's Sergeant John Tate is taked with investigating the homicide of Mario Costa. As a father, he feels the pain of the Costa's loss. However, because of an on duty shooting in his past, he also finds a kindred soul in Michelle Baxter. In a twist of fate, Nate Baxter and the Costa's other son, Joseph, find themselves playing on the same collegiate baseball team. These two conflicting paths that have yet to cross, w intersect, and collide. Through These Eyes is a must read for anybody in the criminal jusctice system, or has family and friends in the system. Through These Eyes is also tailor-made for anybody who enjoys reading or watching police and legal dramas. In a nut shell-- Through These Eyes is Law & Order on steroids.
- Author BiographyMichael Risley is the retired Assistant District Attorney over Criminal Operations from the San Bernardino County California District Attorney's Office. Michael, and his wife, Jennie, currently reside in his childhood hometown of Vero Beach, Florida. As a career prosecutor, Michael spent the bulk of his years as a trial attorney where he tried in excess of 150 jury trials. With twenty of those jury trials being homicide cases. Michael completed his tenure as a trial attorney assigned to his office's prestigous Major Crimes Units. A graduate of The University of Alabama School of Law, Michael is an avid Crimson Tide sports fan. Captain Tom Bradford is a 26 year veteran of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department in Southern California. Tom spent 13 years as a homicide investigator. During his tenure in the homicide detail, he investigated over 200 homicides. Five of those cases resulted in the imposition of the Death Penalty. He has also invesigated 50 officer involved shootings and the murders of two police officers. Bradford currently serves as the Commander of the Big Bear Sheriff's Station. Tom also resides in Big Bear, with his wife, Kathy, and five daughters. He is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting, fishing, gun dog training, and wood-working. As prosecutor and cop, Risley and Bradford worked together for 15 years. With Risley trying many of Bradford's homicide investigations.
- Author(s)Michael Risley,Tom Bradford
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.