All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Through a Local Prism, Loubna H. Skalli explores the forces of global cosmopolitanism, European and American, as they collide with local definitions of self, gender, and community in the Arab and Muslim culture. Since the late 1980's, Morocco, a post-colonial Muslim country, has faced dramatic political, ecomic, and sociocultural changes. Utilizing Moroccan women's magazines, Skalli explores the tensions and intersections between global forces and local traditions with close attention to their impact on gender definitions among Arab Muslims. Drawing on communication, media, and cultural theories, Skalli's research redefines culture, gender, and national identity in the context of the globalized world. The focus on the Middle East makes this book of great interest to scholars and students of cultural studies, communications, and women's studies.
- Author BiographyLoubna H. Skalli a former professor at Ibn Tofail University, Morocco, teaches in the School of International Service at American University, Washington D.C.
- Author(s)Loubna H. Skalli
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication04/07/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.