About this product
- DescriptionThis is a beautiful production, built with the co-operation of The Royal Collection. A fine artist explains the detail in the work that forged the reputation. The Natural World, the Art of Science, the Human Form, Extremes of Expression, the Machines and Symbolic Themes. In realising how much we have been missing, the Colossus grows further. The illumination of the commentaries is a revelation and so long overdue. Everybody kws about the brilliance of Leonardo. Or do they? His true brilliance is in the detail and, for most of us, the answer is probably - NO! In the context of his immediate peers, do you fully appreciate the extraordinary accuracy of his detail and perception? Barber's commentaries that accompany Leonardo's work will persuade you that you have t yet fully understood. Leonardo's religious compositions abound in minutely observed poses and gestures. These amplify the total story being told. You will almost certainly t have realised how these link together. Barber's tes introduce you to this hidden, hugely rewarding experience. Here, a successful fine artist shows us in detail why this legend is held in such awe.
- Author BiographyTrained as a graphic designer and with extensive experience in advertising, the author combines expert teaching skills and experience with a successful career as a commercial illustrator and fine artist.
- Author(s)Barrington Barber
- PublisherArcturus Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2004
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCippenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArcturus Publishing
- Out-of-print date12/02/2010
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1076 g
- Width219 mm
- Height305 mm
- Contained items statement20 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.