All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlice's second adventure takes her through the looking-glass to a place even curiouser than Wonderland. She finds herself caught up in the great looking-glass chess game and sets off to become a queen. It isn't as easy as she expects: at every step she is hindered by nsense characters who crop up and insist on reciting poems. Some of these poems, such as 'The Walrus and the Carpenter' and 'Jabberwocky', are as famous as the Alice stories themselves. Gloriously illustrated with the original line drawings by John Tenniel, plates coloured by John Macfarlane, a ribbon marker and a foreword by Roald Dahl Funny Prize-winner Philip Ardagh, this beautiful hardback Macmillan Classics edition of Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass, which was first published by Macmillan in 1871, is a truly special gift to treasure.
- Author BiographyLewis Carroll was the pen-name of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson. Born in 1832, Dodgson was a mathematics tutor at Christ Church College, Oxford, where he met Alice Liddell, daughter of the dean, and inspiration for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The book and its sequel, Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, have delighted children all over the world for 150 years.
- Author(s)Lewis Carroll
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMacmillan Children's Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight501 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementReprints
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.