All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith one in four adults having been abused or maltreated as a child, Chris Tuck is trying to bring awareness of child abuse and the fact that it's happening behind closed doors in her powerful, new book, 'Through the eyes of a child'. As a child, Chris and her siblings could have wound up being just ather statistic of child abuse. For them, it wasn't just one or a few isolated incidents, but a tidal wave of neglect, bullying, starvation and survival. Recent statistics show that nine out of 10 children who have been abused were abused by someone they knew, and this was the case for Chris and her siblings, who were abused by their parents and step-parents. Chris says: Child abuse never leaves you. You're t supposed to be beaten, touched or starved when you're a child. Mummies and daddies are supposed to love you, t leave you, beat you, or molest your little sister. For many victims of child abuse, they never get over that experience and it will completely change the course of their live. Chris was determined that would never happen to her, and wants to give strength to others who have had the same experience by sharing her story. She says: No matter what has happened in the past, it doesn't need to dictate your future.
- Author BiographyDrawing on her own traumatic experiences, Chris Tuck is the co-founder of Breaking The Cycle - Survivors Of aBuse (SOB), a new support group for victims of child abuse. She also runs courses to help people to regain their confidence, their fitness and control over their lives. The group reaches out in a secret Facebook group and other social media to give victims a safe space to share their feelings and to get help in rebuilding their lives.
- Author(s)Chris Tuck
- PublisherFilament Publishing
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFilament Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight329 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.