CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThrowim Way Leg is a book of wonder and excitement, struggle and sadness, a love letter to Papua New Guinea and Irian Jaya. In New Guinea Pidgin, Tim Flannery explains, 'throwim way leg means to go on a journey. It describes the action of thrusting out your leg to take the first step of what can be a long march...' Here he invites us to share in his breathtaking adventures, as he meets skilled hunters and befriends a shaman, climbs mountains never before scaled by Europeans, discovers new species and, deep in the jungle, stumbles across the giant bones of extinct marsupials. He also writes movingly about the fate of indigeus people when their intricate cultures collide with mining companies and the high-tech modern world.
- Author BiographyTim Flannery is an internationally acclaimed writer, scientist and explorer. As a field zoologist he has discovered and named more than thirty new species of mammals, including two tree-kangaroos. His books include Country and the award-winning international bestsellers The Future Eaters, The Eternal Frontier and The Weather Makers. He has also edited and introduced many historical works, including The Birth of Sydney, The Diaries of William Buckley and The Explorers.
- Author(s)Tim Flannery
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.