Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Rhodes continues his edition of Thucydides' books on the Archidamian War with his edition of Book III, providing an Introduction (on Thucydides' history and on the Peloponnesian War), Greek text with selective critical apparatus and facing translation, and a commentary which should be useful t only to specialists but also to readers who kw little or Greek, and which assumes previous acquaintance with Thucydides. Matters of text and language are discussed when necessary, but the emphasis is on the war which formed Thucydides' subject-matter and on the way in which he has chosen to treat the subject.
- Author BiographyP. J. Rhodes was Professor of Ancient History and is now Honorary Professor and Emeritus Professor at the University of Durham. He wrote the Introduction and Notes for the Oxford World's Classics translation of Thucydides and is writing a book on Thucydides for Bloomsbury; and his other books include The Athenian Boule, A Commentary on the Aristotelian Athenaion Politeia, A History of the Classical Greek World, 478-323 B.C., and in 2014 A Short History of Ancient Greece.
- Author(s)P. J. Rhodes
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- LanguageGreek, ancient (to 1453)
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Classical Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Content Notep
- Weight395 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.