All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.97
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.38
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.50
About this product
- DescriptionFaith. Trust. Triumph. I trust Roselle with my life, every day. She trusts me to direct her. And today is different, except the stakes are higher. Michael Hingson. First came the boom the loud, deep, unapologetic bellow that seemed to erupt from the very core of the earth. Eerily, the majestic high-rise slowly leaned to the south. On the seventy-eighth floor of the World Trade Center s rth tower, alarms sounded, and one had information about what had happened at 8:46 a.m. on September 11, 2001 what should have been a rmal workday for thousands of people. All that was kwn to the people inside was what they could see out the windows: smoke and fire and millions of pieces of burning paper and other debris falling through the air. Blind since birth, Michael couldn t see a thing, but he could hear the sounds of shattering glass, falling debris, and terrified people flooding around him and his guide dog, Roselle. However, Roselle sat calmly beside him. In that moment, Michael chose to trust Roselle s judgment and t to panic. They are a team. Thunder Dog allows you entry into the isolated, fume-filled chamber of stairwell B to experience survival through the eyes of a blind man and his beloved guide dog. Live each moment from the second a Boeing 767 hits the rth tower, to the harrowing stairwell escape, to dodging death a second time as both towers fold into the earth. It s the 9/11 story that will forever change your spirit and your perspective. Thunder Dog illuminates Hingson s lifelong determination to achieve parity in a sighted world, and how the rare trust between a man and his guide dog can inspire an unshakable faith in each one of us.
- Author BiographyMichael Hingson, national ambassador for the Braille Literacy Campaign, is a miraculous survivor of 9/11. He now owns The Michael Hingson Group, Inc., a consulting firm concerning inclusiveness and diversity and a platform for engaging speaking opportunities. A graduate of the University of California (Irvine) and a cum laude graduate with a master s degree in physics, Hingson has never let blindness stop him from achieving his goals. His life is a testimony to the power of trust, perseverance, and the amazing bond between humans and animals. Michael and his wife, Karen, live in the San Francisco Bay Area with three yellow lab guide dogs, Roselle (ret.), Africa, and Fantasia, and one cat, Sherlock. Susy Flory is the author or coauthor of four books, including So Long Status Quo, a memoir about nine women who changed the world. Her articles have appeared in Today's Christian Woman, Enrichment Journal, Guideposts books, Kyria.com, and with Focus on the Family. With degrees from UCLA in English and psychology and a background that includes journalism, education, and communications, Susy loves to uncover stories with happy endings that inspire and challenge readers to a life of passion, boldness, and adventure. She grew up on the back of a quarter horse in northern California and now lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, two children, and two dogs, Eli (a chocolate Lab) and Sprinkles, (a silky terrier).
- Author(s)Michael Hingson,Susy Flory
- PublisherOasis Audio, Div of Domain Communications
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio, Div of Domain Communications
- Weight195 g
- Width167 mm
- Height138 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Narrator(s)Christopher Prince
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time391
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.