All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis work provides a structural method for decoding and integrating the hidden message of the Chuang Tzu, one of the most important, as well as one of the most abstruse texts of ancient Chinese philosophy. With the help of Rankian interpretation this structural method demonstrates that the Taoist philosophy of the Chuang Tzu is chiefly a psychological and partly a behavior-oriented system of pain-avoidance. The behavior-oriented part of the Chuang Tzu's message is obvious and as such has been much commented by former and later scholars. Accordingly, the major contribution of this book to the field of Taoist philosophy is its demonstration of the Chuang Tzu's psychological system of pain-avoidance. This book will appeal to those interested in hermeneutic methodology, structural analysis, Taoist philosophy, and the application of Otto Rank's psychology.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Stephen Lukashevich was born in 1931 in Nice, France. Shortly after receiving both of his baccalaureats the author emigrated to the United States. He served for three years in the U.S. Army, and upon his discharge entered the University of California (Berkeley), where he received his B.A. (with Highest Honors), his M.A. and his Ph.D. degrees. Since September 1961, the author has been teaching at the University of Delaware. In addition to the present work and several articles, the author has published three monographs: Ivan Aksakov (1823-1886): A Study in Russian Thought and Politics; Konstantin Leont'ev (1831-1891): A Study in Russsian Heroic Vitalism ; and N.F. Fedorov (1828-1903): A Study in Russian Eupsychian and Utopian Thought. The author was a recipient of a Ford Foundation Fellowship in 1960-1961.
- Author(s)Stephen Lukashevich
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.