All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $55.42Free postage
- AU $50.56Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRobin Seager has updated his classic biography of Tiberius, which focuses on the Emperor's complex character as the key to understanding his reign. This is the most readable account available of the life of Tiberius, the second Roman emperor. It argues that Tiberius' character provides the key to understanding his reign. It portrays Tiberius as a man whose virtues and beliefs were corrupted by power. It shows how Tiberius' fears of conspiracy and assassination caused him to lose his grasp of reality. It features a new afterword that discusses important new evidence that has come to light on the reign of Tiberius.
- Author BiographyRobin Seager is Reader in Classics and Ancient History at the University of Liverpool. He is the author of Pompey: A Political Biography (1979), Ammianus Marcellinus: Seven Studies in his Language and Thought (1986) and Pompey the Great (Blackwell, 2002).
- Author(s)Robin Seager
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleBlackwell Ancient Lives
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note6 illustrations
- Weight496 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.