All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTide Players collects nuanced and sharply etched profiles of these movers and shakers, capturing both the concrete detail and the epic dimension of life in the world's fastest growing ecomy. The vivid cast of characters includes an unlikely couple who teamed up to become leading property moguls, Mao's favourite barefoot doctor' who has transformed himself into a publishing maverick and an electronic chain store tycoon who insisted on avenging his mother, executed as a counter- revolutionary criminal. Zha also presents China's newest breed of intellectuals.'
- Author BiographyJianying Zha is a writer, media critic, and China representative of the India China Institute at The New School. She is the author of China Pop and three collections of fiction and two nonfiction books in Chinese, including The Eighties, an award-winning cultural retrospective of the 1980s in China. She has published widely in both Chinese and English for a variety of publications, including the New Yorker, the New York Times, Dushu, and Wanxiang. She lives in Beijing and New York.
- Author(s)Zhao Jianying
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight279 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.