All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA magnitude-9 earthquake triggers a rampaging tsunami that thrashes a nuclear power plant. Radiation streams skywards. Casualties mount. A country goes into lockdown. This is Japan, March 2011. Disaster images traversed the global networks. A shocked world looked on. The horror and uncertainty of the moment is captured in 'Tides of March' as seen through the eyes of a teacher of English experiencing the historical tragedy. The book takes the reader on a journey through a city of swaying skyscrapers, the desolate tsunami torn districts, idyllic lands carpeted with radiation, and the story of an incredible dying survivor. 'Tides of March' questions the official release of disaster information. It questions the adequacy of the radioactive exclusion zone. It questions the containment of contaminated waste. It questions the populace's desire to kw the truth. Using his own photographs, the author's powerful first-hand account brings a new, previously unseen focus to the after-effects of one of the worst disasters ever to hit Japan.
- Author BiographyWhat are the effects of a magnitude-9 earthquake coursing through the land and followed by a towering tsunami resulting in an exploding nuclear power plant? Whilst teaching English in Japan in March 2011 David Baresch found out. 'Tides of March' tells of his experience of living through that time.
- Author(s)David Baresch
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/01/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.