All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Meticulously-researched...warming the hearts of millions of readers.' Historical Novels Review 'Collier has a gift for bringing her characters to life that will keep the reader engrossed until the end' Daily Mail A new Saga Queen hits the televisual cobbles- Daily Telegraph Book Five of the Brothers and Lovers series by Catrin Collier Pontypridd 1930 - At eighteen Edyth is the 'plain, intelligent' one of Harry and Sali Evans's five daughters. Until a chance meeting with handsome curate Peter Slater throws her life into turmoil. Head over heels in love, she sacrifices her own ambitions of a college education and career, and defies her parents' opposition so she can help Peter realise his dream of running his own parish. The church sends Peter to Butetown, a multi-racial dockland area of Cardiff, commonly kwn as Tiger Bay. There Edyth and Peter encounter rich cultures from all corners of the world that flourish even in the depression ridden conditions of desperate poverty. It is a society where creed, language and the colour of a family's skin doesn't matter - as long as the borders that separate Tiger Bay from the city aren't crossed. And there Edyth discovers exactly why her parents were so opposed to her marriage. Peter has a dark secret that has t only blighted his life but also hers. A secret that threatens to destroy her love and, ultimately their marriage...
- Author BiographyCatrin Collier is Wales' most prolific and well-known author of historical, romantic fictions. The daughter of a Prussian refugee mother and Welsh father, she grew up in Pontypridd. She has written 19 novels for Orion. Her first historical novel Hearts of Gold, was filmed as a mini-series by the BBC in 2003. She lives with her family on the Gower Peninsula, near Swansea. She also writes crime fiction under the pen name Katherine John.
- Author(s)Catrin Collier
- PublisherAccent Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleBrothers and Lovers
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAccent Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.40Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.