All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tiger I design gave the Wehrmacht its first tank mounting the 88mm gun, which had previously demonstrated its effectiveness against both air and ground targets. During the course of the war, the Tiger I saw combat on all German battlefronts. It was usually deployed in independent tank battalions, which proved to be quite formidable.For the first time in English, Wolfgang Schneider, an expert on German armour, presents a complete combat chronicle of the German Tiger Tank, including new details on how the Tiger performed against Allied armour, particularly the Sherman, and famous tank ace Michael Wittmann, Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross holder, credited with the destruction of 138 tanks and 132 anti-tank guns, along with an unkwn number of other armoured vehicles. Maps, orders of battle, period photos, and then-and-w shots make this the go-to book on the subject.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Schneider
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note300 B&W Photos
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.