All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, U.S. Army officer and military historian Gregory Walden provides the most detailed look at the actions of a single German battalion in the Battle of the Bulge to date. Tigers in the Ardennes is the product of years of research in archives, conversations with German and American veterans, and detailed examination of terrain in the Ardennes battlefields. The author's experience as a tank unit commander provides unique insight into the tactical difficulties of armour movements through the Ardennes, especially considering the technical aspects of the Tiger II tanks. The book includes over 100 images, many of them photographs of the Tiger II tanks never before published, plus detailed maps showing the routes used by the 501st Heavy SS Tank Battalion during the battle.
- Author BiographyGreg Walden is a retired U.S. Army officer. He served in Armor branch and spent three tours of duty in Germany during the Cold War. While there he visited the Ardennes area many times to research armor battles.
- Author(s)Gregory A. Walden
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note105 b/w illus
- Weight694 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.