All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamine the past, present, and future of this vital aspect of agricultural production! Tillage for Sustainable Cropping is a state-of-the-art examination of diverse tillage systems and tillage-induced edaphic changes (and their implications for soil productivity and the environment). It provides a rational framework for tillage systems that takes into consideration soil and climatic characteristics and the availability of other edaphic inputs. In Tillage for Sustainable Cropping, you?ll find ways to adapt tillage practices to production systems worldwide and an explanation of the edaphic needs of crop plants. You?ll also take an incisive look at the demographic trends that illustrate the ever-more urgent need for greater emphasis on tillage techniques. This well-referenced volume also examines soil sustainability in terms of: * pollution and greenhouse gases * water contamination * growing production demands, and * soil degradation In addition, Tillage for Sustainable Cropping looks at the way various crops have responded to suggested tillage techniques in relation to: * weed growth * root growth * crop yields * and more! Tillage for Sustainable Cropping provides agricultural professionals, students, and educators with the rationale behind current techniques and explores what the future demands of this segment of the world?s most vital industry.
- Author(s)Jr.,Pushap R. Gajri,Sohan S. Prihar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2002
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.