Timber Press Pocket Guide to Ground Covers by David S. Mackenzie (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeary of plain green turf grasses, boring brown wood chips, and high-maintenance yards, creative gardeners and homeowners are turning to colorful, reliable ground covers. Through their versatility and ease of maintenance, these plants substantially increase our enjoyment of the landscape while simultaneously smothering weeds. Ground covers unify unrelated elements, soften sharp angles, create mood, alter our perceptions of space, control erosion, reduce glare, and attract wildlife. Used in public and private spaces, they also function as foundation facers, hedges, accents, or filler between patio stones. More than 1000 readily available ground covers are profiled in this guide, accompanied by 320 photos. This authoritative yet reader-friendly account of gardenworthy ground covers for temperate climates is a valuable complement to MacKenzie's encyclopedic Perennial Ground Covers and a handy reference to take to the nursery or garden center.
- Author BiographyDavid MacKenzie owns and operates Hortech in Spring Lake, Michigan - one of the country's largest and most progressive wholesale ground cover nurseries. By 1993, the business had 34 greenhouses on 15 acres. Hortech specializes in perennial ground covers, grasses, and vines, distributing them throughout Michigan and other states. When he was just out of college, David discovered and registered the new Ottawa weeping white pine in a homeowner's backlot. He has since reproduced the tree using the grafting method. He has been hybridizing, photographing, researching, lecturing on ground covers, and generally creating plant magic since 1983. David has written several articles for American Nurseryman. He also speaks about landscape photography, native plants, and plant research and ecology, as well as his love of ground covers and gardening in Michigan (zone 5). His audiences includes master gardeners, serious amateur gardeners, landscape contractors, designers, architects, and horticulture educators. He also has many athletic hobbies including fishing, hunting, tennis, volleyball, water-skiing, skiing, and basketball.
- Author(s)David S. Mackenzie
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2006
- Series TitleTimber Press Pocket Guides S.
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Out-of-print date28/11/2014
- Content Note320 color photo, 2 maps
- Weight472 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.