Time Innovation and Mobilities: Travels in Technological Cultures by Peter Frank Peters (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $193.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $235.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn social theory and sociology, time and travel in techlogical cultures is one of the new and challenging research topics in the 'mobilities turn'. Yet surprisingly, contemporary practices of mobility have till w, seen only limited theorization within these disciplines. By analyzing historic and contextualized transit practices, this revealing book argues that travel cant w simply be reduced to getting from A to B; it is an integrated part of everyday life. In this area, researching how problems can be identified as dilemmas and reformulated as design problems helps create a new vocabulary; one which will t only change the agenda in the debate on mobility problems in the public domain, but will also suggest new ways of theorizing mobility invations. In this fascinating book, author Peters: * develops a conceptual framework to study contemporary transit practices and evaluate invation strategies * gives new insights regarding historic and contemporary design strategies and regarding invations related to travel in techlogical cultures * gives special attention to electronic timespaces and ICT based mobility invations * investigates cases of travel in techlogical cultures, car travel, air travel, and cycling in Dutch towns. An original and provocative contribution to the emerging field of mobilities, this book will become an essential resource for advanced undergraduate, post-graduate, researchers and practitioners in the fields of sociology, geography, spatial planning, policy and transportation studies.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter Frank Peters (1960) is assistant professor at the Faculty of Arts & Culture of the University of Maastricht. He has published on time, mobility and travel in technological cultures. His research is concerned with the debates on public problems related to mobility and the assessment of innovations that are suggested to solve these problems.
- Author(s)Peter Frank Peters
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Library of Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.