All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe timeless leadership wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita explained Although it was written well over two thousand years ago, the Bhagavad Gita ( Song of God ), a revered Hindu religious text, contains an immense wealth of ageless wisdom that speaks directly to the needs of today's business leaders. Timeless Leadership takes this unlikely resource and teases out important lessons on 18 aspects of leadership, from commercial vision to motivation, decision-making, and planning. Looking in detail at what the Gita has to say about these and other issues of interest to business professionals, Timeless Leadership focuses on one central point: that once the basic thought process of man is improved, the quality of his actions will improve as well, leading to better results. * Uses an ancient religious text to highlight and explain key Western management concepts * Explores the leadership ideas in the Bhagavad Gita and helps managers and leaders apply them to modern business life * Weaves together the threads of wisdom from the Gita to shed light on issues and challenges for leaders at all levels Covering teachings and ideas that have only got better with time, Timeless Leadership adapts the wisdom of millennia past for today's business leaders.
- Author BiographyDEBASHIS CHATTERJEE has taught leadership classes at Harvard University and at the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) in Calcutta, Lucknow, and Kozhikode for nearly two decades. He has been awarded the prestigious Fulbright Fellowship twice for predoctoral and postdoctoral work at Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government. The author of six books, including Leading Consciously and Break Free, that have been translated into several languages, Dr. Chatterjee has trained more than 10,000 managers at Fortune 100 corporations globally and has served as a leadership coach to political leaders and CEOs of major Indian organizations. He has acted as dean of an international business school in Singapore. A pioneer in the field of Asian models in leadership, Dr. Chatterjee is currently the Director of the IIM Kozhikode and serves as independent director on the boards of several multinational and Indian companies. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Debashis Chatterjee
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight366 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.