CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.46
- AU $28.01Trending at AU $39.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.46
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.88
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.25
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.83
About this product
- DescriptionBangkok's image has been transformed in the past few years, from the chaotic, sleazy, cliches of sensational headlines - into a confident city of design and sophistication - that still retains the kind of fun, vibrant streetlife seldom seen in the developed world. Time Out Bangkok chronicles this new identity, its dynamic popular culture, and the contemporary faces of its rich traditions. We provide keys to understanding this ancient, uncolonised civilisation at the point that it - to use Thai slang - 'goes inter' (international). *Sightseeing in Bangkok *Bangkok hotels *Bangkok restaurants *Bangkok bars *Bangkok shops *Bangkok maps *Thailand's best beaches
- Author BiographyPhilip Cornwel-Smith has lived in Bangkok since 1994, when he became founding editor of the city's first listings magazine Bangkok Metro. He wrote the bestselling book 'Very Thai: Everyday Popular Culture' about which he is now curating a museum exhibition. His next book, 'Pop Bangkok: Modern Thai Subcultures' will be published in Autumn 2007. Philip edited the first two editions of Time Out Bangkok and was an editor on the very first Time Out guidebook, to London in 1989.
- Author(s)Time Out Guides Ltd.
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication30/05/2007
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTime Out Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/09/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps, col ports
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.