All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionSince its release in 1946, this has been one of the most widely recognized and respected resources for architects, engineers, and designers, bringing together the kwledge, techniques, and skills of some of the most well-kwn experts in the field. The new Eighth Edition takes a fresh, visual approach to the information architects need to access quickly, helping them save time and money by assuring they get it right the first time. Readers will find timely, new chapters on building security, natural disaster mitigation, building diagstics, facility management, and much more. The accompanying CD-ROM contains the complete contents of the Eighth Edition.
- Author BiographyDonald Watson, FAIA, NCARB, is an architect in private practice. He is former Dean and Professor of Architecture at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York (1990-2000) and former Visiting Professor at Yale School of Architecture and Chair of Yale's Master of Environmental Design Program (1970-1990). He has received the 2002 ASCA Distinguished Professor Award and a AIA Educational Honors Award (1997). His architectural work has received national and international design awards. His books include Designing and Building a Solar House (Garden Way, 1977), and Climatic Building Design, co-authored with Kenneth Labs (McGraw-Hill, 1983), recipient of the 1984 Best Book in Architecture and Planning Award from the American Publishers Association. He is editor-in-chief of Time-Saver Standards for Building Materials and Systems (2000) and Time-Saver Standards for Urban Design (2003). Michael J. Crosbie, Ph.D. is active in architectural journalism, research, teaching, and practice. He received his Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture from Catholic University. He has previously served as technical editor for Architecture and Progressive Architecture magazines and is a former contributing editor to Construction Specifier. He is a licensed architect and a senior associate at Steven Winter Associates, a building systems research and consulting firm in Norwalk, Connecticut, and the editor-in-chief of Faith & Form magazine. Dr. Crosbie has won several journalism awards. He is the author of more than a dozen books on architectural subjects and several hundred articles that have appeared in publications such as Architectural Record, Architecture, Collier's Encyclopedia Yearbook, Construction Specifier, Fine Homebuilding, Historic Preservation, Landscape Architecture, Progressive Architecture, and Wiley's Encyclopedia of Architecture, Design, Engineering & Construction. He has been a visiting lecturer/critic at University of Pennsylvania; Columbia University; University of California, Berkeley; University of Wisconsin/Milwaukee; Yale School of Architecture; and the Moscow Architectural Institute and is adjunct professor of architecture at the Roger Williams University School of Architecture.
- Author(s)Donald Watson,Michael J. Crosbie
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteMixed media 300 illus
- Weight1751 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.