All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime Transformation is designed to take the application of odd meters to ather level of mastery. Etudes are presented in 12 keys using the time signatures of 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4 and 7/4. There are a total of 60 highly syncopated studies that are presented using various combinations of eighth te and sixteenth te rhythms. In addition, each exercise also has corresponding MP3 files files which can be downloaded free of charge from the muse-eek.com website. One set of files contains chord progression backing tracks that the studies can be played over. This allows the student to hear each etude in a musical situation. Ather set of MP3 files plays chord progression vamps in 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4 and 7/4 and has a superimposed metrome click in ather meter. Therefore a student will hear a chord progression in 4/4 but a metrome click that is playing 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 clicks per measure. This allows the student to read each etude as a time superimposition over the original vamp progression. By using these MP3 files as either backing tracks or as vehicles for time superimposition the student's facility with various odd meters and complex time superimpositions will be markedly enhanced.
- Author BiographyBruce Arnold (born 1955 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA) is an author, composer, educator and guitarist residing in New York City. His explorations into the applications of 20th century classical theory in contemporary forms such as Rock and Jazz has created a unique compositional and improvisational sound. As a guest artist Arnold has toured Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Japan, Mexico, Russia and the United States.His performance and recording activities include work with a wide array of styles. He has played with such diverse musicians as Stuart Hamm, Peter Erskine, Joe Pass, Joe Lovano, Lennie Pickett, Randy Brecker, Stanley Clarke, the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Absolute Ensemble under the baton of Kristjan Jarvi.Bruce Arnold's recording credits include over twenty five CDs and DVDs (on Muse-eek Records, MelBay Recordings, Truefire and other labels), ranging from the standard jazz repertoire to free improvisation to the reinterpretations of classical music with the ensemble Spooky Actions. His compositions are published by Muse Eek Publishing, and MelBay Productions.Mr. Arnold's theoretical works have explored the use of Pitch Class Set Theory within a improvisational setting. He is also written more than 60 music instruction books covering Guitar Pedagogy, Ear Training and Time Studies. He is the director of guitar studies at New York University and Princeton University as well as the creator of the New York University Summer Guitar Intensive He has taught at New England Conservatory of Music, Dartmouth College, Berklee College of Music, New School University, and City College of New York.
- Author(s)Bruce E. Arnold
- PublisherMuse-eek Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuse-eek Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1375 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.